05 July 2012

Our Vacation to Texas.

Last week, the hubby and I traveled to Texas for a week long vacation.  It really couldn't have come at a better time, for one, the weather was actually cooler in Texas than in NC..which NEVER happens and I was so ready for a break from work.

We spent the first half of our trip in my hometown of northeast Texas.  We got to visit my best friend since 4th grade and her sweet little baby girl, Brinkli. She is ADORABLE and definitely gave me baby fever. ;)

We trekked up to Oklahoma with my dad and brother to beautiful Broken Bow Lake for a couple days...we had a wonderful time water skiing, tubing, and enjoying the beautiful weather.  I got some sun though.. even on my knuckles!  Ha!








 I also got stung  by a bee for the first time in like 15 years!  It was in my beach towel and when I got out of the pool, I felt the sucker sting me right on my bottom!  That was right after he got me...fast forward 3 hours and the sting was RED and swollen to the size of a potato!
 Only in Texas would you see a construction crew man wearing (in 100 degree weather) a cowboy hat, wranglers, long sleeves and carrying (what we thought) was a gun in his belt!


 My sweet cat, Waldo.  I've had him for about ten years.

 Stay tuned for the second half of our trip...Austin!


xoxo,

Kait

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! Your Ballard Designs Knock-Off of the Mr. and Mrs. pillows inspired me and I made some! I sourced you in a link party on Centsational Girl! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete