23 July 2012

And it was all yellow...

I have a fun DIY to share today!  I got an adorable nightstand from Goodwill the other day for $8 and just couldn't turn it down.  I have been looking for some new ones in our bedroom that have storage and when I saw this, I knew it was perfect.  I am still on the hunt for another one that is similar, but I have improvised until that time comes.


 You like?  So here is the before photo of our bedroom with some nightstands that I painted a couple years back.  They are nice, but with no storage, I couldn't do much with them.
 
And here is the after photo!  I painted the nightstands a nice soft yellow from Sherwin Williams (I will get the color on here once I can find the darn paint can!)  Once that was dry, I rubbed a little antique walnut stain on them to give them a distressed/not so yellow look.




And there you have it! I love the yellow contrast that it gives the room...it needed a little more color other than blue and gray. 

What's next?  I picked up a beautiful caneback chair...for $4...we will see what I have up my sleeve!

-Kait


1 comment: