28 January 2011

Girls night!

Today is Friday.

It's about 8:30pm and what am I doing?

Laying on top of a mattress in the living room that I pulled off of the guest bed, surrounded by candles, eating some M&M's and drinking wine out of a solo cup.  Classy, right?  Sometimes it makes you feel much better with a few candles lit...can I get an amen?

It was a long day today.  I nannied four kiddos for the afternoon and I am pooped! We had a blast playing with playdoh and coloring though- but lemee tell ya, this gal is WORN OUT!

{that's the reason for the wine and the mattress on the floor..oh yes, and the chocolate}

Take a peek from my day:


Aren't they precious?  But man, they take it outa me! 

So, tonight I am home alone with the girls (Our pup, Penny, and sweet kitty cat, Claire....well, and Huey (our other cat) is here but he is outnumbered so I'm still calling it a girls night!

Mr. Husband went to Boone with our friend Allen and they are watching the final of the Australian Open..in case you didnt know this..my husband is OBSESSED with tennis.  Now, it's not just like "oh i like to play tennis"  or "yeah, i watch tennis on television"...my husband knows EVERYTHING about ANY professional, raquet, tennis gear, and tennis match on the face of the planet. 

No joke.

it's pretty rediculous. but, in a good way.  I love that he loves tennis so much and I fully support his "habit" or "infatuation" or whatever you wanna call it.  It's his second love.  Besides moi, of course.  :)

That explains why I'm by myself...and I plan on sleeping in tomorrow, going to Hobby Lobby to get some crafts, and crafting all day long! Hopefully by Sunday I'll have some GREAT things to share!! I have a few ideas up my sleeve.

So on Wednesday night, we went on a double date with our good friends, Allen and Alli to Capitol Grille in Uptown Charlotte. This restaurant is VERY nice and usually would cost at least $75 a person, but since it's Restaurant Week here, we got our meal for $30 a person.  Now that's still over the price we'd usually spend on a date, but Restaurant Week only occurs two times a year and so we decided to splurge.  It was the first time we have dressed up in a while.  And I will take ANY chance I get to wear heels.  :)


I am currently working on my Valentine's vignette and can't wait to share it!!  I bought some oh-so-cute apothecary jars from HomeGoods tonight that I've been dying to get. I have looked on ebay to see if I could get a deal, but since I would have to pay shipping, I decided to just go get them at HomeGoods. They were fairly inexpensive and I am so excited to use them in my lovey dovey Valentine's vignette!!!

Oh yeah! I almost forgot to tell you: I went to Goodwill this morning and look at what I found!

 Four red chargers. I debated on whether or not I really needed them but after looking at the back and seeing they were from POTTERY BARN, I decided they needed me.  tee hee.


 It looks orange in this pic because I had the flash on..oopsies.  But you get the point..they are shiny and red and perfect for Valentine's day AND Christmas!

Those suckers are $8-9 a piece and I found them for $.99 a piece! SCORE!  I saved at least $36 dollars if I would've gone to Pottery Barn and purchased them.  I love me a good deal!


I've also decided there are no good TV shows on Friday nights! What's the deal?! Don't they know that somewhere in the world there is gonna be a girl and her pup who wants to see a good show?  Sheesh!

Alright, time to go cuddle with Penny and make a list of goodies I  need from Hobby Lobby!

Xoxo

-Kaitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment