03 December 2010

Taco Chili Soup

I made this soup last night and it was very yummy. I just threw some ingrediants together (whatever I had in my pantry) and the hubby and I both really liked it. This is great to make on a cold winter day.

Here's what you need:

1 can stewed tomatoes (you may want to chop them into smaller pieces)
1 can corn, drained
1 can chili beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can rotel (I used the hot kind, because we both like a little kick in our food, but using the mild kind would work for those of you who aren't keen on the kick.)
1 can tomato sauce
1 lb ground beef, cooked with 1/2 cup onion
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg dry ranch dressing mix
Salt and pepper to taste

After you cook the meat, just throw everything else in a large pot and simmer until hot! It's sooo easy and very filling! We put sour cream, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese over the top of ours.  MMMMmmmm!!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to try this ,this week. I know that it is warming up, but I don't think that I can wait until fall.

    Sherree
    http://www.chmitlinfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete